Kai's Reviews > Dead Man's Grip

Dead Man's Grip by Peter James

U 50x66
Nov 11, 2011

bookshelves: first-reads

Dead Man's Grip started slow just to set up the pace of knowing the three victims' background on the day of the car accident involving a bicyclist. After the first victim was murdered, the book started to pick up the pace. Detective Roy Grace connected the dot when second victim was murdered. All the victims involved in the car accident were being killed off one by one.

Detective Roy Grace raced to protect the last victim Carly Chase. It became a cat and mouse game of guessing and second guessing what the next move of the hit man.

There is also a secondary story of Detective Roy Grace's missing wife Sandy. Since this is the first book I read in this Detective Roy Grace series, the secondary story is enough to have readers coming back on the disappearance of his wife Sandy and at the same time, read up on the next crime solving chapter of Detective Roy Grace.

I also found refreshing is the British jargon used and some of the police procedures described in the book. I basically could distinguish what is American and British within the story and also on the writing style of the author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Man's Grip.