Mitch's Reviews > Wicked Appetite

Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich

Nov 11, 2011

liked it

So any time you are lookin' for a fluffy fun read you will never go wrong with Janet Evanovich. Her Stephanie Plum books are awesome, and I was hoping this series would be just as good. And although "Wicked Appetite" with Lizzy and Diesel didn't quite stack up next to Miss Plum, it was still a fun read.

This book is about a cupcake baker named Lizzy who lives near Salem and whose life changes when the mysterious and handsome Diesel tells her she has the power to find special objects. The two of them (along with a wacky cast of characters including a one-eyed cat and a monkey who likes to give the middle finger) are off to gather special stones that represent the seven deadly sins, the first being gluttony. They need to gain the stones before Diesel's cousin gathers them for evil.

Although this book is a fun read, the flaw I find with it is it's a bit too weird. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love some weird authors like Chistopher Moore. But this was kind of like reading Stephanie Plum if Stephanie Plum ate a bunch of funky mushrooms. The magic stuff is just so...forced. Dunno exactly. However, it was good enough where I will try the next book in the series when it is released.

If you are new to Janet Evanovich please set this aside and try out the Stephanie Plum series first.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Appetite.