Cristina | CristiinaReads's Reviews > Marriage for One

Marriage for One by Ella Maise

bookshelves: arc-books

A slow burn romance that will have your toes curling for the unexpected, yet endearing love and passion that comes from Jack and Rose...

Let's begin this review by simply stating that Ella Maise is a hidden treasure that needs to be expanding more and more, and be cherished in the romance world. She already is but she needs more attention that's for sure because there is no denying that the true magic that flows from her words is something that is forever engraved in my heart and mind. Ella as an author has so much power in her words and characters make you fall in love with them through every aspect. Ella warned me that this book would not be my cup of tea because of the slow burn, and she was right about 35% through the novel. The rest of the novel however, Jack just became this rugged, yet emotionless expressive kind of character that made me want to keep on reading until Rose would finally be able to cram him. There is also no denying that this novel would not be a novel that I would actually go out of my way to reading or signing up for because of the slow burn. And because I am not never NOT honest in my reviews, the only reason why I truly enjoyed this masterpiece is because it was written by the sweetly minded, yet dirty thinker that is Ella. Though you also have to admit that the synopsis is one that hooked me in, and if you have not read it yet... GO AND READ IT RIGHT NOW!

Now, lets talk about the story shall we? Because I made way too many quoted highlights on my kindle that I don't know what to share! Jack Hawthorne... Oh our dear Jack... He is just indescribable in the best of ways that's for sure. The aura that oozes from him, the confidence, the determination, is what makes Jack Hawthorne the character that he is truly meant to be. When we read Rose's pov, you sense that confidence in him. However, when reading his pov, you can also sense that silent tone of him being afraid of the truth revealing when it comes down to the relationship he has with Rose. But keeping the truth from her does not prevent him from being honest with her in other ways that as a reader, melts my heart;
"I want to be that person to you, rose. I want to be the person you lean on. You and I, we're the same. We have no one but each other. You'll lean on me and I'l do the same. We'll learn how. we're in this together..."

What can we say about Rose? There is something about her ambience that oozes that confidence that Jack has as well, yet she is this semi-timid individual who is also willing to do whatever it takes to make her dreams come true. In this case, it is the fact that she wants to open up her coffee shop. With the help of Jack and their "fake" marriage, she slowly learns that anything is possible when you are determined to keep your head held high. That's what I love about her, she is this strong young woman who was put in a situation she did not want to be granted in, yet finds a way to make herself stronger and not loose her true identity as a woman. But she also knows hat if she gets too close to Jack, there is no turning back at how broken she will be. Some risks are worth taking, and when she took that risk, denying the love she has for Jack is the one thing she cannot do;
"My husband was perfect. With all his arrogance and prickliness, Jack Hawthorne was perfect for me.
He wasn't what I'd had in mind or even what I'd wanted for myself, but he was perfect and already mine, truly mine. There was no doubt of that in my mind..."

Overall, this story has truly taken my breath away with all the surprises I was able to find. All the hidden ways of writing that I was not expecting to read coming from Ella. Especially during the intimate scenes. I felt like I was slapped in the face when Jack and Rose finally hit did the deed, if you know what I mean... But overly surprised is an understatement that needs a praise from everyone. So make sure to grab yourself a copy of this beauty, and of course add it to your TBR because missing out on the story that is Jack Hawthorne is a sin itself.

ARC kindly provided by the author, in exchange for an honest review...

BlogInstagramFacebookTwitter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marriage for One.

March 28, 2018 – Shelved
March 28, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
May 1, 2019 – Started Reading
May 1, 2019 – Shelved as: arc-books
May 1, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
May 4, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)

message 1: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Excellent review Cristina!😉💖

Cristina | CristiinaReads Kat wrote: "Excellent review Cristina!😉💖"

Thank you so much Kat! Truly a wonderful novel! xoxo

☽ TheBibliotheque OMG THOSE AESTHETICS ARE LIFE

message 4: by menna (new) - added it

menna hafez As usual you impressed us with your reviews Cristina 😍😍😘

Bibliophile I really liked your review! Now I’m more excited to read this book!!!

Kate R Great review! This is my next read, so looking forward to it!

message 7: by Robyn (new)

Robyn Fantastic review, Cristina! Can’t wait to get my hands on this one!

Cristina | CristiinaReads ☽ TheBibliotheque wrote: "OMG THOSE AESTHETICS ARE LIFE"

**SQUEALS** I love youuuu! Thank you mi reina! xoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads menna wrote: "As usual you impressed us with your reviews Cristina 😍😍😘"

Thank you so much, honestly your words mean soooo much! Thank youuuuuu! xoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads Bibliophile wrote: "I really liked your review! Now I’m more excited to read this book!!!"

Thank you my sweetie! xoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads Kate wrote: "Great review! This is my next read, so looking forward to it!"

Cristina | CristiinaReads Robyn wrote: "Fantastic review, Cristina! Can’t wait to get my hands on this one!"

Thank youuuu sweetie! xoxo

Katie AGREED. It’s definitely going on my top of 2019.

Cristina | CristiinaReads Katie wrote: "AGREED. It’s definitely going on my top of 2019."

YEAHHHYYYY! This makes me soooo happy! xoxo

yasmin Jack jack jack 🥰 love your edit too

message 17: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Fantastic review, Cristina! 💜

Cristina | CristiinaReads yasmin wrote: "Jack jack jack 🥰 love your edit too"

Thank you my beauty queen! xoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads Melissa wrote: "Fantastic review, Cristina! 💜"

Thank you Mel, this is truly THE one! xoxo

lowkeyreader I love your review

Cristina | CristiinaReads lowkeyreader wrote: "I love your review"

Thank you so much my queen! xoxo

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» FAB review, my love!! I am so excited to meet Jack especially after your reactions. And I'm all for a delicious slow burn. xoxox

Prince Charming Doesn't Exist nice review! :) now i'm sooo eager to read this book ♥️♥️♥️

message 24: by Cristina | CristiinaReads (last edited May 09, 2019 05:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cristina | CristiinaReads Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» wrote: "FAB review, my love!! I am so excited to meet Jack especially after your reactions. And I'm all for a delicious slow burn. xoxox"

Thank you my darling! Get it hon, it’s live now and it’s just FANTASTIC! 🖤✨

Cristina | CristiinaReads Prince charming doesn't exist wrote: "nice review! :) now i'm sooo eager to read this book ♥️♥️♥️"

Thank you sweetie, it’s now LIVE so grab yourself a copy! Hope you get to enjoy it as well🖤✨