Shelby's Reviews > Ivan

Ivan by Kit Rocha

bookshelves: sci-fi, romance, series, wickedreviews

*I received a free copy to read & review for Wicked Reads*

~3.75 Stars~
I love this world that Kit Rocha has created, I'm a Broken Circle [Sector 4] junkie. I can NEVER get enough of life in the sectors: the struggles, the relationships, the politics - all of it's amazing!

On that note, lets discuss Book 3 in the Gideon's Riders series.

Maricela Rios is the princess of Sector 1, she's the youngest sibling in the Rios ("ruling") family. She's tired of being treated as a child, but being considered royalty doesn't leave much opportunity for freedom. I was excited to read her story - I wanted to learn more about the family, and her place in it.
Ivan is the Rider assigned to protecting the princess, her full-time bodyguard. He takes his responsibilities very seriously, and has good reason for it. Trying to make up for the mistakes of his family, he's in a tough position.

As I said above, I love this world and the romantic relationships that are built in it. The connection between Ivan and Maricela has been slowly building, with mentions in previous books. Unfortunately, I didn't feel the burning chemistry between them.
Ivan seemed rather one dimensional and I don't know if that's how he was intended or if it's just me. I did enjoy the glimpse into Sector 1's family, and the struggles that accompany the elevated station of any Rios. I was hoping for more interactions between Maricela and her big brother, Gideon.

Overall, this was another good book in this Gideon's Riders series - it's just not my favorite.
Wicked Reads Review Team
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ivan.

March 25, 2018 – Started Reading