Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > The Child Finder

The Child Finder by Rene Denfeld

"No matter how far you have run, no matter how long you have been lost, it is never too late to be found."

I had The Child Finder in my To-Read-List for quite a while. I was in the mood for something suspenseful and this one fit the bill perfectly.

I can say that I was thoroughly captivated. At times, I was so worried for Madison. So sad for the parents of all the kids missing. Sad for Naomi and how she was avoiding living her own life. And to be honest, I even felt sad for the monster.

The book begins with the disappearance of a five-year-old girl, Madison Culver. A girl, who loved to read, enjoyed nature and believed in fairy tales. She was last seen when her family stopped in the forest to cut a Christmas tree.

Fast forward three years and Naomi Cottle is investigating her disappearance in Oregon’s Skookum National Forest. She has been hired by Madison's parents. She's their last resource. Naomi's reputation precedes her. She's known as the Child Finder. She has found thirty children but not all of them alive.

Why does Naomi dedicate her life to do this? She does it because once she was lost too. She has no recollection of her own life before she was found running by a family of migrants and taken to the Sherif who in turn took her to live in foster care and where she was given the last name of Cottle. During her time living there, she met a boy, Jerome who grows up to be a man. Jerome's the only man she could love but she won't stay with him. Her calling is to leave and to help those lost children.

Besides Jerome, Naomi's only other friend is Diane which I loved. I also liked Ranger Dave. I hope to see him again.

The Child Finder is a chilling, haunting, page-turner novel. One that absolutely shows you how sometimes bad things happen to good people.

Cliffhanger: No

4/5 Fangs

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Child Finder.

March 27, 2018 – Shelved
March 27, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
September 6, 2019 – Started Reading
September 6, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

Deanna I'm looking forward to your thoughts on this! I'm looking forward to book 2 :)

message 2: by Sheyla ✎ (new) - added it

Sheyla ✎ Deanna wrote: "I'm looking forward to your thoughts on this! I'm looking forward to book 2 :)"
Hi Deanna. Yes, I had this one on my list for a while. Book 2 is coming out soon.

Norma * Traveling Sister Wonderful review, Sheyla! I enjoyed this one too and looking forward to reading the second book.

Kaceey Fabulous review Sheyla! Loved this book too!🤗🌸

BernLuvsBooks (Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas) Can’t wait to read book 2! I really enjoyed this one.

message 6: by Sheyla ✎ (new) - added it

Sheyla ✎ Norma * Traveling Sister wrote: "Wonderful review, Sheyla! I enjoyed this one too and looking forward to reading the second book."
Thank you, Norma. I'm excited for book 2!!

message 7: by Sheyla ✎ (new) - added it

Sheyla ✎ Kaceey wrote: "Fabulous review Sheyla! Loved this book too!🤗🌸"
Thank you, Kaceey!

message 8: by Sheyla ✎ (new) - added it

Sheyla ✎ BernLuvsBooks (Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas) wrote: "Can’t wait to read book 2! I really enjoyed this one."
Me too. I hope it's as good as this one.

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Great review Sheyla!

message 10: by Sheyla ✎ (new) - added it

Sheyla ✎ Lindsay - Traveling Sister wrote: "Great review Sheyla!"
Thank you, Lindsay!

Jayme Lovely review, Sheyla!

message 12: by Sheyla ✎ (new) - added it

Sheyla ✎ Jayme wrote: "Lovely review, Sheyla!"
Thank you, Jayme!

message 13: by Paige (new)

Paige Great review, Sheyla!

message 14: by Sheyla ✎ (new) - added it

Sheyla ✎ Paige wrote: "Great review, Sheyla!"
Thank you, Paige.