Olivia Bailey's Reviews > The Berenstain Bears and the Trouble with Grownups

The Berenstain Bears and the Trouble with Grownups by Stan Berenstain

F 50x66
Nov 11, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: cliches, feelings, point-of-view, berenstain-bears

All students can relate to the problem that children have with parents. The book shows them a healthy way to express how they feel about the parents nagging. They put on a play about it to show the parents how it feels. The students can come up with ways to express their feeling to their parents about what is bothering them. A way to do that could be writing a letter to the parents. Students could then practice how to write a letter.

In reverse, the little bears learn about how hard it is to be a grownup. I would coem up with a game where the students must go through the day being grown up and doing certain things that grown ups do such as drive, pay bills, work, etc. The students could also write about there experience of being grown up for a day.

I would tie them together to show the students about different perspectives. Everyone sees things differently and we have to be mindful of others.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Berenstain Bears and the Trouble with Grownups.