Ruthie Taylor's Reviews > X Marks the Spot

X Marks the Spot by Opal Carew

liked it

~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

I am a big fan of ménage romance, so was excited to get this on my Kindle. Ms Carew has written some super hot erotica and this also has some very sexy scenes in it. I did however struggle with the pacing and the timing of events. I felt that everything I wanted was there, but just that the way it unfolded didn't entirely convince me.

It is difficult to pinpoint what the issue was, but I think it was that I didn't identify with them as people before the wedding events kicked off. Things are revealed later, but would have helped understand Abi's insecurities and behaviour if revealed earlier. As it is she comes across as spoiled and petulant, rather than having a genuine concern about Liam's claims to love her.

Once they had worked out there was a solution, then things were as hot and heady as I expected, and very satisfying. I am just not sure that the best friends aspect of Liam and Del got a lot of coverage, and there were gaps which seemed odd - surely Del would have known that Liam liked Ds games, and surely Liam would have thought about the voyeur/ trio options earlier.

Having finished the story and thought about it for this review, my memory is shuffling the story round and giving me a good feeling about the outcome. Give it a go and see what you think!

Wicked Reads Review Team
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read X Marks the Spot.

Started Reading