Juli's Reviews > The Song of the Orphans

The Song of the Orphans by Daniel Price

bookshelves: netgalley-arcs

I would like to thank NetGalley, the publisher and the author for my advanced copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review.

I quite loved the second book in this series. Similarly, to the first book, it took me a bit to get into the story - I don't know why the start seemed so slow but then it took off. But opposite to the first book, there were no real issues with the plot. Yes, I still think the whole "making babies" because the Pelletiers want that is gross, but I am less irked by that as there is a purpose to it. In book #1, all the lovey-dovey stuff felt unnecessary YA.

The Song of the Orphan also presented some really good character development giving the protagonists a lot more depth. As in the first book, we encountered a lot of plot twists and a few of them were quite surprising. Additionally, I liked the introduction of several new characters. I'm especially partial to Rose Tyler now! The author showed a good sense of humor as well - I am honestly still laughing about the Stephen King reference - this might be one of my favorite jokes in any book.

Overall, I found this book engaging, a fast read, and one I'd like to discuss with friends. I am really looking forward to the final installment of this trilogy!

See my blog (spoilers possible!) here: https://ichleseblog.wordpress.com/201....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Song of the Orphans.

March 27, 2018 – Shelved