Sonia Almeida Dias's Reviews > The Truth About Animals: Stoned Sloths, Lovelorn Hippos, and Other Tales from the Wild Side of Wildlife

The Truth About Animals by Lucy Cooke

bookshelves: netgalley, science

Every once in a while I need to read a science book, preferably one that speaks about animals and conservation. And this one joined both topics, but also combined them with Natural History and humour. If only my university classes had been so entertaining I wouldn't have skipped so many and I might have had better results.

I recommend this book to everyone who likes to know real facts about real animals, especially the ones that tend not to have so much cuteness factor, like vultures and toads. But even if they do have the cuteness overload, like pandas do, maybe we need to understand why contributing to the viral videos that seem so sweet and funny might actually not be doing them a world of good.

It was a really great read, and I will be looking forward for more books from this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Truth About Animals.

March 27, 2018 – Shelved