Sophia Triad's Reviews > Dragonmark

Dragonmark by Sherrilyn Kenyon

bookshelves: dragons, mythology-gods-semigods, shifters, demons, 1paranormal-lovestories

Illarion(Katagaria Drakos) and Edilyn(Half human and half kikimora)

Ahh... True love and TRUE DRAGONS!
Perfect.
So, yes I love Illarion and Edilyn's story naturally.

But let's break down the actual book:

Chapter 1 to Chapter 13: Illarion and Edilyn and in the end as we already know....For the dragon lived on without his heart
Chapter 14 to Chapter 21: Cadegan and Josette and copy paste from the Son of No One
Chapter 22 to Chapter 26: Max and Seraphina and copy paste from the Dragonbane
Chapter 27 to Chapter 28: Illarion and Edilyn and as we already know... “All you have to do is join me, nephew. Help me take back what was stolen and I’ll see you reunited with your Edilyn.”

So if you do some simple summations, you will realise that almost half of the book is irrelevant and already read in the previous books.
I wouldn't mind I think that much, if I haven't read one book after the other. But I remembered everything when I was reading these chapters. Every single detail. And it was boring. I wanted to get to the good point where they meet again.
Unfortunately the two lovers only have two chapters in the end and a epilogue.

Anyway, I am still giving 5 stars for the story of Illarion and Edilyn and I am just ignoring the other chapters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragonmark.

March 27, 2018 – Started Reading
March 27, 2018 – Shelved
April 26, 2018 – Finished Reading
May 20, 2018 – Shelved as: dragons
May 20, 2018 – Shelved as: mythology-gods-semigods
May 20, 2018 – Shelved as: shifters
May 20, 2018 – Shelved as: demons
February 6, 2019 – Shelved as: 1paranormal-lovestories

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by KAS (new)

KAS Great review, Sophia ;D xox

Sophia Triad KAS wrote: "Great review, Sophia ;D xox"

Thanks KAS! 💋❤

Nicoled1179 DiIorio It’s been a few years since I read DH books. I did read son of no one but not dragonsbane. I don’t know how I ended up skipping it and going right to dragonsmark. Since I’m not that into the series anymore I figure it is ok to just go with it based on your summary. Maybe the refresh will help me and I’ll see if I want to keep reading the series. Thx

Sophia Triad Nicoled1179 wrote: "It’s been a few years since I read DH books. I did read son of no one but not dragonsbane. I don’t know how I ended up skipping it and going right to dragonsmark. Since I’m not that into the series..."

Dragonbane, Dragonmark and Dragonsworn are definitely related because they are about the three dragon brothers.
I think the one that follows will be different because it is about Urian.
I hope that you enjoy :) ❤