Annie's Reviews > If I Die

If I Die by Rachel Vincent

Nov 10, 2011

bookshelves: amazing, awesome, omfg, holy-hell, wasnt-expecting-that, must-own-now, save-from-a-raging-fire, unexpected, love-at-first-read, holy-shit, bro-like-a-mo-fo
Recommended to Annie by: The best person on the planet
Recommended for: EVERYONE

** spoiler alert ** Ok, so let me start out with this: I totally knew Kaylee would end up with Tod. I so called it like, three books ago. And. I. Love. It. So.Freaking.Much. I mean honestly, there have only been two books I've ever read where the main character does not live 'happily ever after' with the sexy, lustrous, "perfect" guy. This and The Darkest Powers series. I can't get enough of things like this.
Most [normal] people were probably like: "What the fuck, Rachel, are you stupid? Did you have a stroke as you were writing this? Did you make the mistake of watching Rebecca Black's "Friday" while writing? Or were you just fucking high?" But then there's me sitting there at two in the morning regardless of the fact I get up every morning at 4:45 and have four tests the next day, guzzling coffee with the utter determination to finish the damn book. I literally could not put this down.
You know when you're reading and something really intense happens and you just have to put the book down and take a few deep breaths before reading again? Yeah, this was a whole new experience. This was me sitting on my bed in a fetal position rocking back and forth like the intense motherfucker I am. And I'm not just talking about the Kaylee/Tod scenes (which, by the way, were essentially orgasms in book form)but the entire book.
The writing was spectacular, as usual, the imagery: perfect. Rachel Vincent is officially on my list of favorite authors. Concrats, Rach. You made a list harder to get into than my sisters size 0 jeans.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If I Die.