Imani Blake (Enamored Reads)'s Reviews > What He Always Knew

What He Always Knew by Kandi Steiner

”I was at the fork I knew I’d eventually get to all along, the decision I never wanted to make between two choices I never knew I had before two months ago. The truth was simple. I loved them both.”

*pats chair* <— You should all know what this means by now. I got schooled by Kandi freaking Steiner in the BEST way y’all. So naturally I have to fangirl over her and this book.

There’s really no where to start other than to say Kandi Steiner is the definition of fearless. She’s everything this book is. Raw, unrestrained passion, love, and angst, and most of all, even while putting her readers through a special type of hell, she always proves over and over that by the end, all she was doing was giving us a story that makes us bleed with each character immensely all while taking care of us as the same time.

There’s a reason for Kandi’s thought process when she does that. It’s splattered all over the pages of this duet just like it has been in her previous books. It’s to show us the real inner workings of what REAL and RAW really mean. The characters in this duet bear EVERYTHING they could possibly be and have to each other. THAT is real life and THAT is real love. It’s never easy. It sure as hell hasn’t been easy for these characters and I know it wasn’t easy for Kandi to bear her heart while writing it.

It’s authors like Kandi that make this EXPERIENCE of this world much greater on the inside than it looks on the outside. Sometimes we get caught up and authors like Kandi that write books like WHDK and WHAK that reminds us WHY we love reading so much.

This duet is just THAT! It reminds us why we love to get lost in the world of others so wholeheartedly; why it’s much more than an hobby for some and a great escape for others.

This duet will burn. It’ll hurt. It wouldn’t be a true Kandi Steiner masterpiece if it didn’t. But there’s ALWAYS a reason.

Thank you Kandi for creating one of the best works of art I’ll ever have the pleasure of reading not just in 2018, but IN LIFE.

So if you guys haven’t picked up this duet yet, get ready for the ride of your lives and to be reminded why authors write and why we need this in our lives.

”Left or right. It may have been a simple choice, but I knew with every beat of my severed heart it was the right one. So, I took a deep breath, let it out slowly, and turned the wheel.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What He Always Knew.

March 23, 2018 – Started Reading