Ayekah's Reviews > Undercover With the Nanny

Undercover With the Nanny by Cathy Skendrovich

Read 2 times. Last read April 1, 2018.

Sawyer is a DEA agent now in California on the trail of a the head of a drug cartel that's been dogging him and his team for some time.
His goal here is to get close the the Nanny of the head of the cartels pilot and see if she's involved, yet the be determined and try and get close to the pilot.
Kate is living in her friends beach apartment after her parents are killed, she'd saddled with debt and has had to put her new business on hold until she can get her life in order. She's taken a job as a Nanny for a young boy who wants nothing more that the attention of his father which he never gets.
Kate isn't a full time nanny, she's almost more of an on call sitter and all around care taker. She's available when he calls her and she's paid well. She's very fond of her young charge.
Sawyer and his team are all in place and have plans in place, Sawyer has to do is meet Kate and try and weasel his way into her life and see what her involvement is, by planting bugs and cameras and trying to do the same at her bosses house.
Sawyer meets Kate by beaning her on the head with a volleyball. Of all the jerk moves and that was only the beginning. To make matters worse he lives next door. Sawyers self talk drove me nuts. Maybe he was right, maybe he did spend too much time with scumbag dealers because he sure didn't know how to talk to a woman. Adolescents got more going on than this guy did. The story centers around Kate, Sawyer and Bobby who is the suspected pilots little boy. Sawyer has managed to score a little league baseball coach job for Bobby's team. Puts him that much closer to his father.
Sawyer loses sight of the objective here, or lets say his wires totally fray when he falls for Kate and the feeling is mutual. He's at odds with his #2 man on the team, because he's not thinking clearly and when things happen that snap him out of his dick haze, he's forced to make several decisions and jump back into his job quickly.
I liked this story. Sawyer was a fool. Seriously. His lines of bs got so old I glazed over reading them. Kate was a different story. I liked her a lot. She's relatable, sensitive to what's around her, how she fell for Sawyers crap... I guess maybe if you're there... whatever. There's some great suspense. I wasn't sure Kate was or wasn't involved. You don't get a clue. Lots of bed burners and some really bad one liners from Sawyer. I liked Ian. Wouldn't mind his book.

*advanced copy from NetGalley and Entangled for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Undercover With the Nanny.

Finished Reading