Cait • A Page with a View's Reviews > The Twistrose Key

The Twistrose Key by Tone Almhjell

bookshelves: ya-fantasy

This middle grade story was such a fun surprise! The main character finds herself in a winter land where time passes differently and animals talk, so there is a bit of a Narnia feeling to it. But it was still quite original and had a Norwegian feeling to it. I just loved the cozy aesthetic of the whole world... it kind of reminded me of The Hobbit meets the Spiderwick Chronicles?

I'd recommend this to any kids who love fantasy stories, but totally think adults would enjoy it as well!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Twistrose Key.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Sold!

Person Who Reads Reminded me of Narnia too,
And His Dark Materials

message 3: by Ashley (new) - added it

Ashley Omg sold. Seriously I love any books with talking animals, or new creatures that don’t exist IRL that talk. Or don’t haha. Have you read the chaos walking trilogy by Patrick ness? I’m obsessed w that. Everyone can hear every thought of (almost ;-) ) any other person and they can hear the thoughts of animals too! Beyond that as well those books are just amazing in my opinion. The first book may not be everyone’s cup of tea but towards the middle-end it gets extremely exciting. If you haven’t, give it a try! The first book is called The Knife of Never Letting Go.

Cait • A Page with a View Ashley wrote: "Omg sold. Seriously I love any books with talking animals, or new creatures that don’t exist IRL that talk. Or don’t haha. Have you read the chaos walking trilogy by Patrick ness? I’m obsessed w th..."

I haven't but will totally check it out - thanks! :)