lov2laf's Reviews > The Cybernetic Tea Shop

The Cybernetic Tea Shop by Meredith Katz

Five stars.

I originally saw this on Scribd but didn't get to it fast enough before they pulled it from their catalogue. I ended up buying it instead and it was worth every penny.

"The Cybernetic Tea Shop" is about as solid and perfect as a short story gets.

It's told from the perspective of two leads, a human and a robot. What Katz managed to inject into the experience of the robot, in particular, was pure excellence and I really felt for her character. Both the descriptions and characters were all extraordinarily vivid.

What you get is a nice little soul searching romance between an asexual Latina woman and a sapient robot set sometime in the future.

Nicely done. I loved this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cybernetic Tea Shop.

March 22, 2018 – Shelved
July 7, 2018 – Shelved as: location-washington
July 7, 2018 – Shelved as: romance
July 7, 2018 – Shelved as: sci-fi
March 7, 2019 – Shelved as: own-amazon

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by vacatedboat (new) - added it

vacatedboat Great review, lov2. Look forward to this one.

message 2: by Lex (new) - added it

Lex Kent Great review! Sounds really good:)

Corrie So glad you read it :-) I really loved this one.

message 4: by Alexis (new) - added it

Alexis Nice review lov :)

Luce Thanks Lov. I would’ve totally passed by this one.

message 6: by Kara (new)

Kara Great review!

One thing I’ve noticed, and been annoyed by, about Scribd is that they frequently hide authors and books. If you search for a book and it doesn’t show up, logout and search. Odds are it’ll show up. If you log back in and search...it’ll be gone again. BUT...here’s a trick that works: search while logged out, and then click on save for later. THEN sign in, and you can save the book to your account.

message 7: by Joc (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joc Nice review. It's lovely isn't it?

lov2laf Thank you, all. :) It's a really refreshing and unique read so I hope you enjoy it if you do pick it up.

@Joc, yes, it is lovely. I couldn't help thinking that it's funny that Katz was able to create a robot with more emotion and personality that I completely felt for than most other authors writing human characters. She did a fantastic job.

@Kara, that's genius! I loved Scribd for what it provides at such a low cost but their search feature is horrible! I generally keep lists on there so I can find the books when they don't come up in searches but for the ones I don't have identified yet, this is brilliant. Thank you!

@Luce, I saw your review. I'm so glad you liked it.