Brittany's Reviews > Truth

Nov 09, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: young-adult, part-of-a-series
Read from January 18 to 20, 2012

Nina's life will never go back to normal. Now that her mother is dead and she killed her stepfather, she and her sister are living with their grandparents. Nina also has to deal with the fact that she has a nice fresh XVI tattooed on her wrist which offers her up as fair game to any sexual predators. When things start getting out of hand, it's up to Nina to figure out what to do to bring everyone back together and keep them safe. All eyes are watching now though, just waiting for a slipup, any excuse to take people away.

This was an interesting sequel to XVI. I though this would be the final book, since it says companion instead of sequel, but alas there will more than likely be another one. Truth sort of felt like a transition novel between books 1 and 3. The timeline just seemed brief, but with a lot happening. Nina once again shows her strength when she's forced to make a whole lot of very tough decisions. Experimental surgery, spying, life and death are all things thrust into Nina's hands. We see and he more from the resistance in this novel as they slowly rise up with the new information that Nina obtained in XVI. We also get to see and hear a lot more from Nina's sister, Dee. All the tragedy that has befallen the girls really speeds up the growing-up process. I'm anxious to read the final novel, because this one ended sort of crazy. It was a good ending, but my curiosity is certainly piqued. I do wish I had reread XVI before starting this one, because I know there are things that I forgot that would of helped make Truth even better. Make sure you check this one out if you enjoyed XVI, it will have you eagerly awaiting book 3.

First Line:
"I was contemplating what would happen to me if anyone discovered that I'd killed Ed when Mr. Haldewick's voice broke through my brooding."

Favorite Line:
"We must have been floating up to the stars."

Read more: http://www.areadingnook.com/#ixzz1kKe...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Truth.

01/19/2012 page 42
15.0% "GAH! Wish I had read XVI more recently.Vague details are coming back though...sort of."
01/21/2012 page 231
85.0% "Some of the chapters seem to not flow together quite as smoothly as I'd like, but I can't wait to see what happens! I wish there were pictures of the tats...maybe I'll have to make some fan art ;)"
01/21/2012 page 272
100.0% "Is there going to be a third book? I'm not sure if I want one or not."