Scarlett's Reviews > The Loneliest Girl in the Universe

The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren   James

bookshelves: 2020-monthly-motif-challenge

I read this book as part of the Monthly Motif Reading Challenge:
JULY - Around or Out of This World
Read a book set in a country other than the one you live in OR written by an author who is from a country other than your own OR read a book that takes place in space or on another planet.

So this book obviously takes place in space, on the way to another planet, AND the author is from a country other than my own (she's British). Yes, I worked very hard to find a book that checked as many boxes as possible on this challenge!

And this book was fantastic! I literally never wanted to put it down and read it mostly all in one day. It delivered more than I was expecting it a totally good way. I was really invested in Romy's story and also all the secrets of her past that were slowly revealed, as well as the mystery of J. All of it had really satisfying answers. I thought it was really well-written too, Romy's character was spot on for someone who has been alone since she was 11 years old.

I don't want to say too much more because I feel like it's better to go into this knowing as little as possible. But this short little book packs a punch and I'm so glad that I gave it a chance!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Loneliest Girl in the Universe.

March 21, 2018 – Shelved