R * A Reader Obsessed *'s Reviews > Crocus

Crocus by Amy Lane

21987508
3.5 Steady Hearts - Buddy listen with LiaB!!!

I’m not one for angsty, and Amy Lane can get angsty. Thankfully, this was toned down from the first book, and I thought this was a consistent read.

The thing I appreciated the most was the mature relationship between Larx and Aaron. These men know what they want and are not afraid to communicate. They each have their own immense responsibilities, and they pull that off with aplomb, all the while juggling their blended family as well as the multiple strays they continue to take into their fold. Their relationship is a dream to read about, as it was not only sweetly sentimental but hot too. 40’s is the new 20’s, and I say *high five*!

This takes place a few months after the first book. The two families are in sync for the most part, and it’s just another day in the life of principal Larx and deputy Aaron, who continue to fix, maintain, and do good deeds in their fair town by keeping all in their care happy and safe. Despite being less anxiety inducing than the first book, this still had several challenges for Larx and Aaron to overcome. I’m not saying the real world doesn't have hate or bigotry or horrible depravity, but it just seems here a tad too extreme in how good the good people were contrasting blaringly with how bad the bad people were. At times, it was just a bit too much. However, the pros mentioned above definitely negated all my little niggles.

Narrated by Nick J. Russo, he does his typical fine job, though I must say I’m surprised by a blatant editing error. Regardless, I was very pleased, as Russo always gets the emotions just right.

So, if you’re up for a lovely continuation of Larx, Aaron, and a gaggle of “family” that boasts no less than 9 other individuals plus a loveable dog and a grandbaby on the way, then be prepared to be charmed!

I know I wouldn’t say no to more should Lane choose to continue with the love saga of Larx and Aaron, nor would I say no to any of the other side characters getting their own story for that matter! Keeping fingers crossed that Kellan and Isaiah are next!

Thank you to the author/publisher for the audio in exchange for an honest review >/i>

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crocus.

March 21, 2018 – Shelved
October 28, 2018 – Shelved as: lawmen-investigators-firemen
October 28, 2018 – Shelved as: men-with-pets
October 28, 2018 – Shelved as: second-chances
December 4, 2018 – Shelved as: lgbt

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by Vanna (new)

Vanna Awesome review R! 😁Amy Lane has been a mixed bag for me.. but this kind of low angsty mature story might just be something for me..

R * A Reader Obsessed * Thanks Vanna! It just might! In both books, the relationship itself is not angsty but all the external factors... this was a breeze compared to the first.

message 3: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Lesar Have to agree with what Vanna said, but if it’s a breeze compared to the first one, I may well be tempted to give it a go 😁

R * A Reader Obsessed * Lorraine wrote: "Have to agree with what Vanna said, but if it’s a breeze compared to the first one, I may well be tempted to give it a go 😁"

Lane too, has not always been a slam dunk for me. This is a pretty popular series of hers tho ;)

message 5: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Lesar R * A Reader Obsessed * wrote: "Lorraine wrote: "Have to agree with what Vanna said, but if it’s a breeze compared to the first one, I may well be tempted to give it a go 😁"

Lane too, has not always been a slam dunk for me. This..."

I might just shoot the hoop then 😁. xx

message 6: by Vanna (new)

Vanna R * A Reader Obsessed * wrote: "Thanks Vanna! It just might! In both books, the relationship itself is not angsty but all the external factors... this was a breeze compared to the first."

Good to know.. will check it out.. 😄

message 7: by Vanna (new)

Vanna Nice review R! I think I borrowed this from my library and then for some reason did not get beyond 1st chapter.... sometime last year.. may have to give this one another shot. Amy L has been hit or miss for me

R * A Reader Obsessed * If you can get this from the library I’d start with Bonfires first! That’s great if your has it bc you cant beat free!

message 9: by Ariana (new)

Ariana Lovely review and I am so glad you mentioned all these people appearing.... That is definitely a huge crowd! :)

R * A Reader Obsessed * Ariana wrote: "Lovely review and I am so glad you mentioned all these people appearing.... That is definitely a huge crowd! :)"

Thanks Ariana!