Helen Oakes's Reviews > Invited into Your Closet

Invited into Your Closet by Peyton Landry

bookshelves: advanced-reading-copy-arc

*received in exchange for an honest review*

When Landry was looking for people to read Invited into Your Closet I jumped at the chance. This is her debut novel in a trilogy and the premise sounded amazing. Romance writer looking to break into gay erotica so her new boyfriend introduces her to his best friends who are gay so they can help her research a believable novel? Brilliant. I started it this morning and haven’t moved since because I simply couldn’t put it down! It’s a perfect balance between the M/F pairing of Spencer and Miranda and the M/M pairing of Corbin and Mark so it definitely can appeal to all audiences.

I don’t want to post any spoilers about the secret that the three men are keeping from Miranda or their motives but as I read it I did find myself on Spencer’s side of the situation and think he’s perfectly in the right to act the way he was. It caused that much of a reaction in me I actually started a debate with my friends in a group chat about it because I wanted their opinions on the matter. It takes great writing to cause that kind of reaction and Landry has definitely delivered that with this novel!

My only critique would be formatting. At the beginning of the book, Miranda is reading a book and the text is shared as well as Mark and Corbin were reading a book and the text was shared but it was a bit of an eyesore to read. Something as simple as putting the words of the books the characters were reading in italics would have helped break it up a little but that is a tiny bug bear that clearly didn’t take away from my enjoyment of the book or I wouldn’t have given it five stars. I 100% can’t wait to continue this series.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Invited into Your Closet.

March 21, 2018 – Started Reading