Alexandra's Reviews > Kiss of the Royal

Kiss of the Royal by Lindsey Duga

bookshelves: 1018

I received an e-ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Review can also be found on *Milky Way of Books*

In the world of monsters, darkness and one wicked Dark Queen, the kingdoms have gathered together, fighting the Darkness! Their weapons?

Kisses!

That's right! The Princes and Princesses of this world fight the evil monsters, which may also come from mythology, with Kisses of power, health, stealth even Kisses of enchantment. But these are not Kisses of love.

Princess Ivy is the best of her Legion but she loses too many partners to the monsters they have to fight. When she decides to pair with Prince Zach of another Kingdom, they will travel through enchanted, cursed forests and discover the true mystery behind the Wicked Dark Queen.

I enjoyed the premise! As a person raised with Disney and "true-love-wins", I enjoyed this book, where the Kisses were not part of feelings and procreation was done in the name of Lust. Those who believe in romance are also considered heretics.

There are many surprises here and while the book feels stretched between the beginning and the real action, I enjoyed the banter, the fighting scenes and the ending!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss of the Royal.

March 21, 2018 – Shelved