Silver James's Reviews > Pride Mates

Pride Mates by Jennifer Ashley

bookshelves: audible-escape, 2018-books-read, paranormal, romance, 2020-books-read, audio-books, reread, urban-fantasy
Read 2 times. Last read January 11, 2020 to January 13, 2020.

Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1) by Jennifer Ashley The cover of the updated version isn't listed but the newest version of this audio book, now narrated by Cris Dukehart, was released in December, 2019. All of the technical problems are fixed and Cris narrated the other books in the series. I don't have a lot to add to this re-listen. The characters are still compelling and the worldbuilding interesting. I'm glad I decided to do a re-listen.

3/20 review: I have to admit, when I first read the blurb I was scratching my head over the whole "bound" shifter situation. Still, I was intrigued enough--and since no other books were jumping up and down begging me to read or listen to them at the moment--I grabbed this one. I'm glad I did. I don't want to get into to many specifics, but Ms. Ashley has created a world that is both unique and intriguing. The origin of the shifters is refreshing and the touch of magic involved in this world opens up lots of possibilities. Add in the politics, humans, and all the reasons, this made for a great listen. While Traci Odom did a good job with the narration, there was a noise in the background, like running water, that became irritating. I don't know if that had to do with the original mastering of the audio book, or what. Still, I enjoyed the book overall. On to the next one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pride Mates.

March 20, 2018 – Started Reading