Clare O'Beara's Reviews > A New Republic of the Heart: An Ethos for Revolutionaries--A Guide to Inner Work for Holistic Change

A New Republic of the Heart by Terry  Patten

bookshelves: america-fact, environment-and-climate, non-fiction, economics

I enjoyed this book, but am giving it four stars because the contents won't be for every keen nature lover. If you are more inclined to debate philosophy than science, want to sway your fellow human with discourse rather than charts, film footage and statistics, and enjoy expanding your vocabulary, this will be a great book for you. I'm rather more of a practical person.

I have no doubt that the author is sincere in his wish to enact positive change in environments small and large, personal, corporate and global. We are all in this lifeboat together. Lots of useful information is provided, with definitions of black swan events and such; but a strong basis in knowledge about climate science is assumed. If you know less than that but want to know how to help, you might do better to read a Tony Juniper book first, then come back and start debating the ethics by the light of your LED bulb. If you're studying philosophy or media you may wish to take up this book and see how environmentalism is portrayed and encouraged. Some beautiful passages await; and we can only hope that those who need to change will change.

The author kindly made an e-ARC available. I chose to read and review. This is an unbiased review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A New Republic of the Heart.

March 20, 2018 – Shelved
March 20, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
December 9, 2018 – Started Reading
December 12, 2018 – Shelved as: america-fact
December 12, 2018 – Shelved as: environment-and-climate
December 12, 2018 – Shelved as: non-fiction
December 12, 2018 – Finished Reading
January 5, 2020 – Shelved as: economics

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)