Ruby Ap.'s Reviews > Atticus: Secret Lies

Atticus by K.L. Donn

bookshelves: 2018, a-lot-of-sexual-tension, age-gap, alpha-male, already-formed-couples-from-series, alternating-povs-shown, alpha-males-all-around, angst, arc, amazing-main-characters, must-buy, must-read, heroine-virgin, no-cheating, no-ow-or-om-sex-scenes, no-separation, not-a-doormat-heroine, still-a-standalone-for-this-couple, action-packed, adult-romance, adair-empire-have-strong-women, dark-read, dark-romance, strong-but-also-vulnerable-heroine, possible-triggers, violence, safety-gang-approved, kinky, hot-read, sweet-innocent-yet-dark-heroine, steamy-moments, sad-moments, dominant-hero, very-possessive-hero, very-protective-hero, loved-how-they-loved-each-other, lasting-friendships, united-friends, united-family, part-of-a-series, pregnancy, twists-and-turns, main-couple-made-for-each-other, surprise-at-the-end, can-t-wait-for-next-book, can-t-wait-for-more, ends-with-a-major-cliffhanger
Recommended to Ruby by: Been reading author's work since the beginning
Recommended for: Everyone

I've been waiting for Atticus to come out since reading the last pages of Castiel's story and I wanted to see how Atticus and Catalina's story would be like and K.L. Donn did not disappoint at all :)

I loved the flow of the story, loved that we got to see the couples from the previous books and see some of what's going on in their lives... I got to admit there's a scene or okay, a couple, where I shed a tear (or more than one) but I got through it, finally content that I got to read this anticipated story :)

Now, guys, Atticus's story is sort of less dark than the last previous three but it's still dark, so for you guys that have trouble with triggers, this does have violence action, and can cause possible triggers, but not extreme, so if you take a chance (and you won't regret it if you do), always proceed with caution...

Atticus's story is more hardcore and sexily rugged, at least for me, and I know that the instant connection that occurs between Catalina and Atticus seems surreal for some of you guys, but it does happen when its meant to be and it was meant to be for those two; they were meant for each other and were each other's equal in every way <3 ;)

Overall, I liked that we got to see more of Atticus and Catalina's progression into their relationship and how very compatible they were to each other certain needs, especially the intimate scenes ;)

I can't wait to read Carver's story! It's going to be sexy as hell and very dark at the same time, going by that cliffhanger we get in the end of the book was anything to go by and I can't wait!:)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Atticus.

March 18, 2018 – Shelved