Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews's Reviews > The Italian Party

The Italian Party by Christina Lynch

The Italian Party is a fun, witty, and entertaining cinematic story that I really enjoyed reading. Jennifer who was reading this one with me pulled me into a coulee with her and I was really glad I decided to join her. What a nice pleasant change of pace this one was. Without her, I would have missed out on such a fun read done on the lighter side with some serious subjects to make this an interesting story.

Christina Lynch does a great job creating interesting characters here with young American newlyweds Scottie and Michael. They arrive in Siena both carrying their own secrets from each other that complicated their relationship. I loved seeing things from Scottie’s innocent way of looking at the world and it was very refreshing. They are well developed and I enjoyed following along with them as they grow and learn more about themselves and each other.

Christina Lynch does a fanatic job adding depth to the story by adding some interesting subplots and interesting Italian characters that felt like I was in a coulee in Italy. I enjoyed this one from start to finish I highly recommend.

Publication date March 20, 2018

Thank you, NetGalley, St Martin’s Press and Christina Lynch for a copy to read and review.

Review is written and posted on our themed book blog Two Sisters Lost In A Coulee Reading.
Coulee: a term applied rather loosely to different landforms, all of which refer to a kind of valley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Italian Party.

Finished Reading
March 18, 2018 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)

message 1: by Miriam (new)

Miriam Smith (A Mother’s Musings) Excellent review Brenda 😊

Marialyce This was a little gem of a book. Glad you enjoyed it, Brenda!

message 3: by Sherri (new)

Sherri Thacker I have this in pile to read after Accidental Heroes. I’m a sucker for Danielle Steel books. Lol

message 4: by C. (new)

C. Oh good, the definition of coulee is at the bottom. A valley, ravine, or crevasse was my guess. It is nice to see a description of a book that induces laughter. I balance happy, with suspenseful and non-fiction reading.

message 5: by Jen (new)

Jen Sounds like you guys had a party reading this!! Great review, Brenda!

Angela M Brenda, I didn’t like it as much as you did , but I enjoyed your review.

message 7: by KAS (new)

KAS Fantastic review, Brenda :) Glad it was a great read from beginning to end! xox

Diane S ☔ Very nice review, Brenda.

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Fabulous review, Brenda! Happy to be in a coulee with you with this fun book!

Meredith ( on Semi-Hiatus until February) Fantastic review, Brenda!

message 11: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth Awesome review, Brenda!

Lindsay - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Love your review Brenda!! 💕

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Love your review!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I am glad you enjoyed it!
=D

message 15: by Tina (new)

Tina Sounds cute Brenda. Great review!

message 16: by Kaceey (new)

Kaceey Excellent review Brenda!!🤗💕

message 17: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Super review Brenda😄

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Miriam wrote: "Excellent review Brenda 😊"

Thank you, Miriam!

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Marialyce wrote: "This was a little gem of a book. Glad you enjoyed it, Brenda!"

Thank you, Marialyce!

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Sherri wrote: "I have this in pile to read after Accidental Heroes. I’m a sucker for Danielle Steel books. Lol"

Thank you, Sherri! I hope you enjoy both! It's been awhile since I have a read a book by Danielle Steel.

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews C. wrote: "Oh good, the definition of coulee is at the bottom. A valley, ravine, or crevasse was my guess. It is nice to see a description of a book that induces laughter. I balance happy, with suspenseful an..."

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Jen wrote: "Sounds like you guys had a party reading this!! Great review, Brenda!"

Thank you, Jen!

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Angela M wrote: "Brenda, I didn’t like it as much as you did , but I enjoyed your review."

Thank you, Anglea!

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews KAS wrote: "Fantastic review, Brenda :) Glad it was a great read from beginning to end! xox"

Thank you, KAS!

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Diane S ☔ wrote: "Very nice review, Brenda."

Thank you, Diane!

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader wrote: "Fabulous review, Brenda! Happy to be in a coulee with you with this fun book!"

Thank you, Jennifer!

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Meredith wrote: "Fantastic review, Brenda!"

Thank you, Meredith!

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Mary wrote: "Awesome review, Brenda!"

Thank you, Mary Beth!

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Lindsay wrote: "Love your review Brenda!! 💕"

Thank you, Lindsay!

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Chris Chan Chi Him U。・ェ・。U wrote: "I am glad you enjoyed it!
=D"

Chris Chan Chi Him U。・ェ・。U wrote: "Love your review!"

Thank you, Chris!

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Tina wrote: "Sounds cute Brenda. Great review!"

Thank you, Tina!

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Kaceey wrote: "Excellent review Brenda!!🤗💕"

Thank you, Kaceey!

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Maureen wrote: "Super review Brenda😄"

Thank you, Maureen!

message 34: by Crumb (last edited Mar 29, 2018 02:24PM) (new) - added it

Crumb Great review, Brenda! Do you all read in coulees? Maybe that is a silly question.. I'm just trying to picture what you are referring to.

message 35: by Vanessa (new) - added it

Vanessa Lovely review :)

JanB Brenda, I'm so happy you enjoyed this one too - it was such a fun read! 😊

message 37: by Holly (new)

Holly  B So glad you enjoyed this one Brenda!

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Crumb wrote: "Great review, Brenda! Do you all read in coulees? Maybe that is a silly question.. I'm just trying to picture what you are referring to."

Thank you, Crumb! No we don't. We just started calling our different options as being in different coulees and it took off from there. I just use references to coulees for the theme I have going on our blog. The pic on the group is a real coulee by Norma's place.

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Vanessa wrote: "Lovely review :)"

Thank you, Vanessa!

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews JanB wrote: "Brenda, I'm so happy you enjoyed this one too - it was such a fun read! 😊"

Thank you, Jan!

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Holly wrote: "So glad you enjoyed this one Brenda!"

Thank you, Holly!

message 42: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Nice review! Really debated about reading this one! Think I will!

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Lisa wrote: "Nice review! Really debated about reading this one! Think I will!"

Thank you, Lisa! I hope you enjoy it!

message 44: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Great review, Brenda!! :)

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Deanna wrote: "Great review, Brenda!! :)"

Thank you, Deanna!

message 46: by Julie (new)

Julie Great review, Brenda!! 💕

Kendall Wonderful review Brenda 😊.