Charlene's Reviews > Gold Dust Woman: A Biography of Stevie Nicks

Gold Dust Woman by Stephen Davis

it was ok
bookshelves: biography

I honestly don't know how to rate this book. It's fair to say I was obsessed with it when I first began reading. I borrowed it to listen to while I fall asleep, but it was so addictive, I had trouble getting to sleep. I would dream about it, think about first thing when I woke up, and would play the songs from the time period covered in the current chapter I was reading. It was complete emersion and complete bliss.

However, as time went on, I liked Stevie Nicks less and less. I can't tell if that means the author did a good job or bad job of detailing her character. What I do know is that his writing drove me crazy a lot of the time. Since he had a lot of ground to cover, so many of the stories included have almost no rich detail, to a shocking degree. Despite how many days of her life were included, it often felt extremely shallow and lacked any type of insight. It was frustrating.

One line said that the car company used by Fleetwood Mac was asked not to send black drivers for Ms. Nicks. What?? Either say why or address it in some way or leave that out of the book. Shockingly bad writing at times. And yet, I cannot deny I was addicted for many of its chapters. So how do you rate a book like that?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gold Dust Woman.

March 18, 2018 – Started Reading