Debbie's Reviews > My Soul to Lose

My Soul to Lose by Rachel Vincent

5482098
Nov 08, 2011

Well, I've always put this one off despite it being the first of Kaylee's stories. It's probably because of the absence of most of the Soul Screamers characters, which I've come to love, but eventually, my love for the series overcame the fact that Kaylee doesn't know anything just yet about who she really is.

It starts off with Kaylee and Emma hanging out at the mall when a familiar panic crawled up Kaylee's throat. However, she didn't know what it was or how to stop it. After probably shattering hundreds of eardrums, Kaylee landed in the hospital with a ticket to the mental facility, where others with mental illnesses reside.

To say that it wasn't a fun trip would be a huge understatement. Could you imagine being in a place like that and desperately trying to get out? Or telling yourself over and over that you weren't crazy despite not knowing why you couldn't control your screaming? It was certainly tough and one of the worst moment's of Kaylee's life.

Although we already knew Emma and Kaylee from the Soul Screamers series, I was still really happy to see that Emma was still such an awesome friend, even before all the bean sidhe stuff. Instead of dismissing her friend as someone who has lost it, she stayed by Kaylee's side and tried her best to help her through it. And that is what made Emma a true friend.

I enjoyed reading what had happened to Kaylee that had such a big impact on her life prior to the events of My Soul to Take and I'm thankful for Rachel Vincent for giving us that chance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Soul to Lose.