Shanice Singh's Reviews > Geek Girl

Geek Girl by Holly Smale

bookshelves: print-books

Harriet Manners is a geek. She knows tons of facts that no one really cares about. However despite her excellent IQ, her classmates don’t like Harriet that much. In fact it is them who have labelled her a geek. So when Harriet is accidentally discovered by a modelling agent, she takes the opportunity to reinvent herself. Sure it’s been her best friend’s dream since forever to be a model and Harriet’s mother has expressly forbidden her from modelling. But none of these things matter as much to Harriet as reinventing herself.
I’ve had this book for a while and never picked it up. In fact I only started it because I was bored and I wanted a quick and light read before bed. I started this at 9PM and finished it at 6PM the next day. I was hooked. I listened to the audiobook, read the paperback at home and the ebook on Scribd while I was at work.
I loved meeting Harriet’s colorful family, her creepy stalker, Toby and learning all of her geeky facts.
I devoured this book and could not get enough. If you are looking for a light, fun read, I definitely recommend this book. I cannot wait to start on the sequel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Geek Girl.

March 17, 2018 – Shelved