jesse's Reviews > The Girl Who Could Silence the Wind

The Girl Who Could Silence the Wind by Meg Medina

Nov 08, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: fairytale, magical-realism, arc

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Could Silence the Wind.

November 8, 2011 – Started Reading
November 8, 2011 – Shelved
November 8, 2011 – Shelved as: fairytale
November 8, 2011 – Shelved as: magical-realism
page 25
9.77% "Sonia felt a gust of winter wind and something falling away from her, dropping as softly as silk ribbon from her long, black hair. She looked all around--so shocking was the feeling!--but saw nothing.(..) Somewhere on the path(..),the ties that bound her to their home in Tres Montes had been cut loose."
page 28
10.94% ""Sonia Ocampo a servant? Ridiculuous! She's a gift from God." "So what? Everyone needs to know about a little dusting and fetching--even an angel," Tia Neli insisted. "How do you think heaven stays so white and clean?""
page 46
17.97% ""Ignore her," Rafael said (..) "Irina Gomez has never known passion in her heart, mind, or loins. How can she fan a flame of hope in anyone else?""
page 234
91.41% "Abuela sighed and made Sonia's eyelids heavy. Good memories blew through the room. Learning to swim in the river, roasting chicken legs on the fire, searching for lizards after rains, running the cliffs, even the Saturday morning arguments at market."
page 240
93.75% ""God does the right thing by crooked paths," he repeated. "This is the just punishment for sin." He caught her by the elbow as she started to walk off. His grip was still firm. "The sins here have been mine eall along (..) Look at what I've done with my bull-headedness. I asked a young man to give up hope for a future. I made a girl carry the burdens too weak to carry myself.""
November 9, 2011 – Shelved as: arc