Dana's Reviews > Bread Givers

did not like it
bookshelves: for-school
Read from October 29 to November 21, 2011

What I hated:

-The father is an absolute motherfugging piece of dip-shiz. Can he die? Please? He's just such an a-hole and a hypocrite just LET. HIM. DIE. AND. ROT. IN. HELL. -cough- Thank you.
-The mother died instead of the father. WTF IS THIS!?
-All of the characters were stupid and shallow and selfish. I didn't even like Sara that much.
-The whole book was just repetitions on how horrible her life is. She doesn't even really do anything to try and make it better until late in the book.
-All of the random Polish or whatever. Dude, Anzia, I'm a lazy person and I don't want to google translate a billion words. Could you please just provide a translation somewhere??
-THE FATHER IS SUCH A BAD AND LSAKJDLKASJDKSADKD MAN. I WILL KILL HIM. I REALLY WILL. I HATE HIM. UGH.
-The writing was just weird. The transitions were terrible so I couldn't really grasp what was happening until after it happened. (Does that make sense? Lol probably not.)

What was okay:

-The history lesson in all of this. (Since this was for my US history class) It was interesting (I suppose) but the story was just so awful it stopped me from appreciating the history. (I don't even like history lol.)

What I liked:

-............
Nothing. Nada. El zippo.

Seriously, unless you HAVE to do this say, for school, I highly recommend you don't read this. As it will make you want to rip your teeth out throughout the entire thing).

So let me just say:

Board of Education, you suck.

Insincerely,
Dana.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bread Givers.

11/15
11/15
60.0% "THANK GOD ONLY ONE-THIRD LEFT OF THE BOOK TO READ. Can I just say that the father is a fugging idiot? A HUGE hypocrite and he needs to pick up his butt and DO SOMETHING. God. What a horrible person. HAHA. Other than that the book is okay. I can sympathize with Sara and her struggles, but I find it hard relate to any of the characters. Or any of the book really. AND DUDE, SEXIST MUCH? Geez Louis."
05/14 marked as: read