Kristina Jean Lareau's Reviews > Europa Die Originale 069 - Der kleine Lord

Europa Die Originale 069 - Der kleine Lord by Frances Hodgson Burnett

bookshelves: middle-grade, favorites

Since I am also doing extensive research on LLF for my Victorian Literature for Children class, my review may be more biased than usual.

I love this book. I love its cultural significance and its pacing, romantic notions of aristocracy, contrast with British and American life, and the simplicity of the conflicts. The story is adequately summed up and not concluded in the final page or paragraph (see MacDonald's Princess and Curdie for my full disgust at this phenomenon.)

Cedric is the perfect miniature adult as child, feminized, delightful and intelligence. So wholly unrealistic that you can't help but love him. The story itself is just delightful, but when you pull back and look at its greater implications and cultural impacts, it becomes a lot more interesting. I promise to post (in my blog) the full bibliography that will be generated from this project so that those interested, all three of my subscribers, may wish to see an overview of the impact of this seemingly gentle, innocuous text.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Europa Die Originale 069 - Der kleine Lord.

Started Reading