Ceara's Reviews > Horn-Horn

Horn-Horn by A.D.T. McLellan

Read 2 times. Last read March 10, 2018.

Let me just say, this is my all time favorite fantasy book. I can’t wait for more books I this series to be out.

I loved everything about this book. I’ve found that fantasy has bored me in the past, but this one definitely did not. The plot was so interesting, and it kept building upon itself drastically on every page. There is plot twist after plot twist which makes for an amazing read. The minute I heard of this book I was compelled to read it. It’s amazing. I love how it started as a contemporary, until around page 77, where magic starts getting introduced.

Plot:

The plot is not only fun, but also well done. If you don’t like predictability, read this one, there will be some surprises. A.D.T McLellan has done an amazing job with building upon this complex work on every page. I enjoyed both the contemporary and magical aspects of this book.

Characters:

The characters were all really interesting. Most got nice development. BRENDAN IS AMAZING I HOPE HE’S IN THE NEXT BOOKS AHHHHHH

Even if you don’t really enjoy popular girl stereotypes that can be seen with the whole Saviours group and even with other people in the school, there’s still a high chance you’ll like this one because of all of the interesting plot choices that were made and directions it took.

Execution:

The pacing was pretty much perfect, not too slow where nothing is happening, it was fast enough without being overly fast, and a lot was going on. The way new topics and such were brought up was nice. I have heard that a lot happened in the last fifty pages and that it was hard to follow along, and there is a long going on, but it was not hard to follow along with anyway.

READ THIS BOOK, THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY YOU WILL REGRET IT
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Horn-Horn.

Finished Reading
Started Reading
March 10, 2018 – Finished Reading
March 16, 2018 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Renae I have read a few reviews about how wonderful Brendan is and while he had a few great one-liners all-in-all I was honestly annoyed by him. He was so self-centred! And a brat. Personally he added nothing to the story, but again I seem to be the only one who thinks this. Would be interested to hear the reasons why?

Ceara @Renae I understand why you would think this. I wasn’t bothered by the fact that he could be seen as self centered as I thought he was quite funny and interesting, I was just super happy every time he was mentioned. I appreciated his viewpoints on things, and I think there is a lot of character development that could be coming for him, it’s set up that way. I’m such a huge fan of him. He may have been a side character, but I think he added to a lot of the humor in the book. Also, he reminds me of my own friend’s little brother, so it was fun to see that connection.