Christy's Reviews > Boy Toy

Boy Toy by Sarina Bowen

bookshelves: 2018-four-stars

4 stars!!!

photo IMG_1776_zpstz6e8vvb.jpg

Boy Toy was a rom com for sure, but it was so much more than that! Unlike the first two books in the series, this wasn’t quite as LOL slap stick funny, but more funny, sweet, and just more. By far my favorite of this series!

Sadie is a single mom putting her twin girls in daycare for the first time after some bad luck with a string of nannies. It’s a hard decision for her, but it’s what's best. At the daycare, she sees a man who knocks her socks off. He happens to be Liam McAllister. Liam was 14 the summer that 19 year old Sadie baby sat him. He’s always had the biggest crush on her, and now at 29, he’s grown up well. And he still has it bad for Sadie.

Sadie has endured a long dry spell since her disaster of a marriage. Liam is willing to be the boy toy she needs to break that spell. Little does she know at first, he wants so much more than that.
Sadie is just in this for the sex. As far as she knows, so am I. But I’ve been in love with her since I was fourteen.

How much did I love Liam? SO freaking much! I loved him with Sadie, I loved him with her girls, and I loved that he didn’t conform to what his family or society wanted him to be. He did what he loved and achieved the things he wanted for himself. He was literally the BEST hero! Sadie was great, too. She was a little slow to come around to what was going on, but I understood it.

Boy Toy made me smile, laugh, and swoon. I loved this story! I only wish we got more of an epilogue. I felt like it ended a bit abruptly. I’m hoping there is another book in this series because I need to see what happens next with this couple!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boy Toy.

March 15, 2018 – Shelved
March 15, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
July 30, 2018 – Started Reading
August 2, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-four-stars
August 2, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ Fab review, hun :) xx

Christy Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ wrote: "Fab review, hun :) xx"

Thanks, love! xoxo

message 3: by Jessica's (new)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Great review sweetie :)

Christy Jessica's wrote: "Great review sweetie :)"

Thanks, babe! x

Sakshi *the bookish romantic* Great review Christy!

Christy Sakshi wrote: "Great review Christy!"

Thanks, sweetie! <3

Eve (Between The Bookends) Fab review Sweets! These covers make me cringe though. *lol*

Christy Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "Fab review Sweets! These covers make me cringe though. *lol*"

Thanks, love! Yeah they aren't my favorites, but I love the books! x

Stacey is Sassy Fantastic review, Christy. I completely agree with you, Liam was the BEST. 😍

Christy Stacey is Sassy wrote: "Fantastic review, Christy. I completely agree with you, Liam was the BEST. 😍"

Thanks, lovely! YES! He was wonderful xo

Michelle I love this series and can't wait to read this ... awesome review!

message 12: by ♥Sharon♥ (new)

♥Sharon♥ Great review, Christy!

Christy Michelle wrote: "I love this series and can't wait to read this ... awesome review!"

Thanks, Michelle! <3

Christy ♥Sharon♥ wrote: "Great review, Christy!"

Thanks, Sharon xo