Amy's Reviews > Here's to You, Rachel Robinson

Here's to You, Rachel Robinson by Judy Blume

bookshelves: 2018, ya-realistic-fiction

Was inspired to pick up a Judy Blume novel after watching the video for Amanda Palmer's song "Judy Blume," which is such a cool tribute to her body of work!!

The beauty of Judy Blume books is that her characters accurately represent the young adult experience. And readers will connect with some characters more than others, based on if the characters' life experiences intersect with readers’ life experiences. This book didn’t really strike a chord with me -- maybe because I never had a delinquent sibling who made my life miserable. Makes me think of my recent reading of Anastasia Krupnik and how I loved that book because I saw so much of myself in the main character.

Even though it wasn’t quite my thing, I’m sure there are YA readers out there who need this book and will find it useful bibliotherapy. In fact, I’d venture that Judy Blume is one of the most prolific (and effective) bibliotherapists out there.

And now I know what I want to be when I grow up: a bibliotherapist. I just made up the best career ever. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Here's to You, Rachel Robinson.

Started Reading