Shirley 's Reviews > The Past Comes Home

The Past Comes Home by Silvia Violet

Mar 17, 2018

I'm liking this series so far. Although I think I might have liked Down on the Farm a little bit better, it's not enough to make me want to choose between the two couples. The interesting thing is that there were some similarities between the couples in both books, they just took slightly different routes in reaching their HEAs. ;)

I liked both these guys and I'm really glad that readers got both POVs. There was a lot of back story with Brad and Pax and some of it was heart breaking. Brad kind of knew that Pax had a crush on him from the time they were kids, but he kept his mutual feelings to himself for a lot of reasons. By the time he was ready to admit to himself and others that those feelings existed, it was almost too late.

Because Brad hid not only his feelings but his sexuality from Pax and he wasn't even out to people in his home town, Pax was more than a little hesitant to get his hopes up. He practically discouraged Brad from coming out at all. He knew what Ames Bridge was like and he didn't want Brad to lose the support and respect of the members of the town he grew up in. Brad knew what he was doing... kind of... there was only one person's opinion he cared about.

Ames Bridge may not be a very progressive town, but it's full of interesting characters that balance out the small minded bigotry. I can't wait to see what else Silvia Violet has in store for the residents of this town.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Past Comes Home.

March 15, 2018 – Shelved