Kirstie's Reviews > Death by Cliché 2: The Wrath of Con

Death by Cliché 2 by Bob Defendi

bookshelves: comedy, fantasy, strong-female-characters, paralell-worlds

Like it's predecessor you may expect much lolz, and you won't be disappointed. If you're thinking of starting with book 2 and skipping book one I'd recommend against it, some of the content if covered off, but some jokes and situations will go over your head, and its not a long book - just read it.

I thought the 'previously on' section right at the start was highly unnecessary though, as half of what it said was covered in chapter one anyway in a more natural way.

I love the added element of the Con and the multiple ways it begins to affect the game world, but once again LARPers get ripped on - are LARPers terrible in America? Cos the LARPers I know here in Australia are not gits (though I don't know any vampire LARPers, so that might come into play ;p ).

Candace was particularly hilarious and also a pretty interesting character, and the villain and the entire story behind him is cool. I really like how she was used to highlight several 'game features' too.

One thing did baffle me though, (view spoiler) Otherwise the ending was quite satisfactory, and I loved how certain decisions had ongoing fallout that appears like it will continue into the next book too. I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully we'll finally get some answers about where Damico's body is IRL, because we didn't get any further in this book than the last one on that score

Another great book I think will be well received by table top gamers, RPG players, and people familiar with all those tropes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death by Cliché 2.

March 14, 2018 – Started Reading