Leo (Queen of the Rants) 's Reviews > Brutal

Brutal by K.S. Adkins

Recommended to Leo (Queen of the Rants) by: Fei ~ BookLover~

3.5 stars...

****Some Spoilers****

Thank you Fei for the recommendation!!

Well I can say that I enjoyed this one.

What I liked:

~A strong heroine, who's loyal to her friends.
~A protective hero, who is described as ugly, huge guy with no abs. I didn't find him ugly, I found unique, a virgin hero who was ready to protect his love one way or another. He was all but ready to peed on the heroine. He acted way OTT with possessiveness and jealousy.
~Friends... I liked Macy a lot.
I do think both hero and heroine were kind of crazy. From the heroine beating up a woman for touching her man, from the hero wanting to kill any man who was after his woman.
I think I too would have done the same if a woman touch my hubby. #sorrynotsorry

Btw everybody and their mama right along with their dog wanted the heroine.

What I didn't liked:

Anthony, Tony or whoever you are aka the OM.
While I love OM drama in books as long as I don't have to see or hear from his ass again but it seems like book 4 will have this man as a hero.. Yep... I imagine my surprise when I read about him saying that this heroine is his, and that he needs her, craved her that he's in love with her that one way or another she (heroine) would caved in and will become his.
He flat out RUINED his book for me. A book that I was actually looking forward to read but I can't in any shape of form forget that he chased this heroine hard. That he claimed her in front of everyone. How would his heroine feel that he lay claimed to someone else. Someone who may be her friend or acquaintance?

I felt like I was in a ping pong match, where the hero and the OM went hard for the heroine. And let me be clear that the heroine never gave him an inch, she rejected him but he couldn't take a freaking clue!!

The scene at the hospital, the heroine reacted way OTT. I was rolling my eyes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brutal.

March 14, 2018 – Shelved
March 15, 2018 – Started Reading
March 16, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Alex ♈ Great review, Leonor!
Such a unique mess 😂😂😂. I'm reading the 2nd book now, this author can definitely write a very different hero 🤣.
As to Tony, as I understood he was undercover and I never took his feelings for Venessa seriously. I still gonna read his book, it's #4, isn't it? Maybe I missed smth or I'm just getting soft... Anyway, cool we found this series. Thanks to Fei! 😉

Leo (Queen of the Rants) Yes it's book 4th. Looking forward what you think about him in his book. And yes thank you Fei!! 😘

Cyndi Great review! I need to read this too😘

Leo (Queen of the Rants) Thank you Cyndi. Hope you like it.