Alex ♈'s Reviews > Brutal

Brutal by K.S. Adkins

bookshelves: badass-heroine, hero-i-liked, safe, thriller, strong-heroine, touched-my-heart
Recommended to Alex ♈ by: Fei ~ BookLover~

*** This book and this review is not for sensitive readers***

Cursing, giving-of-zero-f*cks, showing of my sociopathic side and other crap.

Well, well, well…
What do we have here?

A talented badass author, who apparently doesn’t give a fuck what they normally sell in romance.

AMAZING!!!

They sell us shy/sweet/weak forgiving heroines, K.S. Adkins gives us a badass kickass bitch!

They reach best-seller status by writing good-looking/gorgeous/etc. manwhores, she creates a scary looking virgin motherfucker.

SIGN ME THE FUCK UP!!!

My name is Venessa Cross, thanks for asking. I am justice.

The 1st time the heroine quotes me and not the other way around ;-)

"Bitch isn’t an insult, you idiot."

Vennessa…. Badass chick, unapologetic, cruel, but still sweet (deep, very deep *lol*) and extremely loyal.

Kind heart & ‘sunshine’ wasn’t the main point of this book…

"…and watching them die was beautiful. Revenge is beautiful."

Hero. Rogan.
Da fuck? Like WTF? FINALLY!!!! Not a good-looking guy, but scary & big (still a soft teddy bear with his woman). He had a tender side and wasn’t afraid of showing it. And he loved how strong and cool his woman was! Muah!

30 yo and virgin, coz the women didn’t throw themselves at him and he wasn’t interested.
WTF you say? AMAZING I say!!!

Delicious!

The romance part was very touching. Raw and real, OTT insta, but still cool. Many beautiful moments.

"Fucking love you, pumpkin," he whispers.
"Fucking love you too, tree," I whisper back.

I suck at retelling.
I enjoyed this book a lot. Not everything made sense to me, maybe some plot holes and, common, it’s fiction, so I don’t dwell on heroine’s überstrength – loved when she kicked ass! 
The hero was OTT obsessed and he monitored her calls till the very end and even beyond. Yeah. What? If she was ok with that, then ok. I wouldn’t have, but the book wasn’t about me, so… *lol*

The only scene I didn’t like and that’s why 4 and not 5 – when the h beat the policewoman, because she got jealous? Not cool, so not cool!

Overall: very different and fucking good.

“Shadow Squad”. Can’t wait to read them all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brutal.

March 14, 2018 – Shelved
Started Reading
March 16, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)

Natalia i'm halfway and loving it!

Alex ♈ Natalia wrote: "i'm halfway and loving it!"

Great! Happy reading!
It was refreshing different :-)))
I'm on the 2nd book already.

Cool author!!!

message 3: by Dri (new)

Dri ✰ OMFGGGGG! AMAZING review, hun!!!!!!!! I need to read this one ASAP! 💖💖 Sounds like my kind of heroine!

Alex ♈ ✰ D r i wrote: "OMFGGGGG! AMAZING review, hun!!!!!!!! I need to read this one ASAP! 💖💖 Sounds like my kind of heroine!"

Thanks, Dri!
Fingers crossed you'll enjoy it 😎. The author didn't sugarcoat anything. Well, I liked it. Definitely different.
Curious about your thoughts!

message 5: by Wynne (new)

Wynne Katherine Lol loved the review hun <3

Alex ♈ Wynne wrote: "Lol loved the review hun <3"

Thanks a lot, Wynne! 😘

Leo (Queen of the Rants) Awesome review Alex, I’m enjoying it too!

Alex ♈ Leonor wrote: "Awesome review Alex, I’m enjoying it too!"

Thank you, sweetie. 😊
Looking forward to your review!

message 9: by Fei (new) - added it

Fei ~ BookLover~ I'm glad to hear that you like it, Alex!!
great review girl!!😍

Alex ♈ Fei wrote: "I'm glad to hear that you like it, Alex!!
great review girl!!😍"

Thank you, Fei!
And thanks thanks thanks for your recommendation! 😘😘😘

message 11: by PointedlyBlunt (new)

PointedlyBlunt Ooooo, finally a book that doesn’t follow my most loathed cliches! Sign me up. Thanks for the great review!

GimmeAllTheWerdssss I just realized this is the same author who wrote Mercy F*ck and I pretty much hated that book....hopefully this one is better!

Alex ♈ PointedlyBlunt wrote: "Ooooo, finally a book that doesn’t follow my most loathed cliches! Sign me up. Thanks for the great review!"

Thank you, P.! I hope you'll enjoy it. It's not the perfect book and there were some weird things, but it was very different.
xoxo

Alex ♈ ReadingisMyEscape wrote: "I just realized this is the same author who wrote Mercy F*ck and I pretty much hated that book....hopefully this one is better!"

Hon, it was my 1st book by this author, so I can't tell much. I wouldn't dare to recommend it, the tastes are different. But I hope you'll enjoy it if you decide to read it 😎

Cyndi Great review! Different sounds good to me😘

Alex ♈ Cyndi wrote: "Great review! Different sounds good to me😘"

Thank you, Cyndi! 😘

message 17: by Kiki (new) - added it

Kiki You did NOT just say virgin hero????!!!!
And you just said no recs for me????? 😱

Alex ♈ Kiki wrote: "You did NOT just say virgin hero????!!!!
And you just said no recs for me????? 😱"

Yes! This author has some virgin heroes 😁. So cool! I floved this book. As I said - not a typical romance...
Well, girl, now you need to read it, coz I wanna see your review 😎