K. Nilsson's Reviews > The Maiden

The Maiden by Celia Aaron

bookshelves: dark, favorite-author, suspense, taboo

5 Stars #review #dark #dirty #taboo #revenge #darkromance #suspense

Let the shaming begin.

The Maiden, book 1 of Celia Aaron’s Cloister series captured me with the same fervor as her Acquisition series, a not-so-innocent-heroine, Delilah, and a redemption-worthy-antihero, Adam, whose father is the hateful cult-leader.

Our heroine, Delilah, joins the cult seeking justice for her sister’s demise, but once she got in, she wished she was out. As you can see, this story has disaster written all over it.

Our anti-hero, Adam, is the leader's son, who grew up indoctrinated in the ways of the cult, killed on his behalf, and violated many Maidens.

The two become star-crossed lovers, and the odds stacked against them are egregious.

Some of the training sessions are interesting, if not eye-popping but they only attest to the creatively devious mind of one of my favorite authors.

Among the cast of characters include brainwashed virgins, depraved MFs, known as Protectors, who do everything but protect, and female sadists, aka spinners, in charge of orifice training, beatings, purification, and ruination.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Maiden.

March 13, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read