Kristen's Reviews > Acquainted With the Night

Acquainted With the Night by Piper Maitland

Nov 07, 2011

bookshelves: adventure, paranormal, religious, romance, vamps, urban-fantasy

GENRE: Urban Fantasy
THEME: Vampire, Romance
RECEIVED: Review Request for Book Tour
BLOG: http://seeingnight.blogspot.com/

REVIEW:
Acquainted With the Night by Piper Maitland is a story the mixed adventure, mystery, paranormal and romance all into one suspenseful story. Maitland’s novel reminded me a lot of the Da Vinci Code; the story takes the reader to many different locations trying to solve the murder of the lead character uncle. It was a lot of information but it kept me guessing all the way through.

Caroline Clifford was shocked by the news of her Uncle’s death, but she never expected to be on the run and find out that her past is connected to an even larger mystery with creatures she thought never existed. Along with Jude, a biochemist who research vampirism, they try to unlock the mystery of who murdered her uncle and follow the clue’s he left behind.

Caroline aka Caro is about to have her life turned upside down, she goes through a ton of changes through out the novel and she took a bit to grow on me. I did enjoy the moments between Caro and Jude, their relationship was interesting from beginning to end and their chemistry had some pretty steamy moments. Though I did have mixed feelings with the slight immaturity that both characters seemed to have with trying to make up their minds and it frustrated me at some points.

Overall the story was loaded with adventure and massive twist and turns that were very entertaining. This was definitely a long read and there are many plots that Maitland had going on at some points I got lost trying to keep up with them all. But even so Acquainted with the Night by Piper Maitland is an entertaining paranormal story that is packed with action and romance that many readers will enjoy. I’m interested to see where Maitland takes her characters and what more mysteries need to be solved.

RECOMMENDATION:
This is an adult Urban Fantasy novel with some sexual content for mature readers. Fans of Dan Brown for the religious/science and Paranormal Romance will definitely enjoy Acquainted with the Night.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Acquainted With the Night.

November 7, 2011 – Shelved