Carl Alves's Reviews > The Elf Queen of Shannara

The Elf Queen of Shannara by Terry Brooks

Nov 07, 2011

Terry Brooks's Shannara books are usually of the highest quality as far as fantasy novels are concerned, and the Elf Queen is no different. The third novel in the Heritage of Shannara series features Wren Ohmsford as the feature character. Wren has been tasked to return the elves back to the four lands after they fled for some time. She is aided by Stresa, the splinterscat and her companion Garth.

The plot in this novel is very well developed and thought it. It moves at a strong pace and is filled with neat twists and strong action sequences. It also sets the stage for the finale of the series. Brooks is a very talented writer, which is quite evident in this novel. Wren is a strong female character, which is atypical of most epic fantasy novels and series. If you haven't read the first two novels in the series, you'll want to read them first to get the context of this novel, although it can stand alone. Another strong installment by Terry Brooks, one worth reading.
Carl Alves - author of Blood Street

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Elf Queen of Shannara.

03/01/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Carl Alves Ginny*Have Courage and Be Kind* wrote: "I always thought that Wren would have gotten with Tiger Ty because of the way that they reacted in the book (and it kinda makes you think of the way her mother must have fallen for her father"

Good point. I hadn't really considered them as a couple, but I can see it.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Carl wrote: "Ginny*Have Courage and Be Kind* wrote: "I always thought that Wren would have gotten with Tiger Ty because of the way that they reacted in the book (and it kinda makes you think of the way her moth..."

I Know Right