Lu's Reviews > The Raven King

The Raven King by Nora Sakavic

did not like it
bookshelves: diverse, ya-male-narrators, ya-but-like-every-category

WELL SH*T... IT WAS GETTING DARK.. AND THEN IT GOT DARKER... IF THAT’S EVEN POSSIBLE.

Also. my heart is now gone, Nora Sakavic I hope that you are very pleased with yourself* B/C I WILL NEVER FEEL AGAIN. (note after reading third book... now I shall never feel again...)

THINGS TO BREAK YOU:

*more blood than usual.
*torture.
*crying... on your part.
* FREAKING FAMILY, SON.
* Coach Wymack being amazing and harsh but supportive and OMG RRDGJKDNG THE ENDING I CANT EVEN, HE’S TOTALLY BROKEN NOW HE’S... HUGGING...???
* Neil.... MY SOUL... but Neil... bby.... panic attacks and phones and torture and feels.. and omg Neil come here let me cling to you.
* happy moments too but then you remember all the bad ones and you just hurt.

*this was a masterpiece pls let me also note this.

NOTE: “r*tard” was used a few times. . . AND I’m not okay with that.

The wiring was a bit slower, because Neil was practically writing a soliloquy every time that he felt an emotion. But, it was BRILLIANT. There were times—RARE, BUT STILL—where it was short, choppy, emotive, amazing. AND THAT. THAT. BROKE ME. I wanted more, but still I’m giving this 5 stars because.. well. Neil. and Andrew. and. Renee. and. just all of them okay and the FREAKING MAFIA. THE MAFIA. DFJGHDRKUGIRDNKG REOUDRGNRDFKUF BLOOD. TORTURE. MY POOR BABIES.

”there were different kinds of heartless and Neil, for all his problems connecting with people, didn’t want to be a monster.”

JUST THE ENDING REALLY. I THOUGHT THAT IT WAS GONNA BE OKAY. BUT DO YOU KNOW WHAT I DID AS SOON AS I FINISHED THIS ONE??? NOPE I DIDN’T CRAWL INTO A BALL AND CRY*. I CRIED LIKE A CHILD STUBBING THIER TOE FOR THE FIRST TIME AS I WENT AND BOUGHT THE NEXT ONE LIKE THE ADULT I AM.

this has made me a mess. I am not okay.

*EVEN THOUGH I NEEDED TO ASAP.

“but Neil Josten was a Fox. Andrew called this home; Nicky called him family. Neil wasn’t going to lose any of it. If two weeks with Kiko was the price to keep his team safe, Neil would pay it.”

^^^ THOSE WHO READ THIS BOOK KNOWS WHY RE REALLY DID THE THING AT THE END AND OMG MY HEART. ^^^^^ if you haven’t go read them now JSUT so that you can understand this part because it’s so painful and so beautiful and actually stole my soul from the first page. It’s fine.

I swear if I was Neil I’d be crying all the time.

AND I AM CRYING ALL THE TIME BECAUSE OF THIS BOOK.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Raven King.

March 13, 2018 – Started Reading