Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader's Reviews > Something in the Water

Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman

bookshelves: 2018-reads, arcs, kindle-version

4 shocking stars to Something in the Water! 🏝 🏝 🏝 🏝

Erin films documentaries, and her new husband, Mark, is an investment banker. They fly to the honeymoon of a lifetime to Bora Bora. Everything is tropical and picture-perfect, until they find something in the water while scuba diving. Dun dun dun.

Erin and Mark have to decide if they will tell the truth or keep a secret. Either way, danger potentially awaits...

This book starts out with a bombshell when Erin and Mark find something in the water...The next chunk of the book is slower-building until you get towards the last third, where the tension builds and my heartrate soared!

I loved Erin and Mark and was completely intrigued by their relationship and how they balanced each other out. They each struggle with what decision to make and how to make the decision together as a couple.

The side characters who are prisoners Erin is filming in her documentary added a secondary story that I found enthralling.

Something in the Water is both thrilling and engaging. The premise was fresh, and the writing was taut. Overall, I was left wondering what I would do if I had been in Mark and Erin’s shoes.

Thank you to Caroline Steadman, Random House/Ballantine, and Netgalley for the ARC. Something in the Water will be released on June 5, 2018.

My reviews can also be found on my blog: www.jennifertarheelreader.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something in the Water.

March 13, 2018 – Shelved
March 13, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
May 26, 2018 – Started Reading
May 26, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-reads
May 26, 2018 – Shelved as: arcs
May 26, 2018 – Shelved as: kindle-version
May 29, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Great review ❤️

Holly  B Love the sound of this one!

message 3: by Cheri (new)

Cheri Such a mysterious review, Jennifer, sounds like a perfectly thrilling love story with some mounting tension!

message 4: by Jaline (new) - added it

Jaline Exciting review, Jennifer - my own heart rate took off just reading your review! (I might need to do yoga while reading this book - haha)

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• wrote: "Great review ❤️"

Thanks, Jenny! Xo

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Holly wrote: "Love the sound of this one!"

Thanks, Holly! It has a lot of what you love!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Cheri wrote: "Such a mysterious review, Jennifer, sounds like a perfectly thrilling love story with some mounting tension!"

Thanks, Cheri! You described it perfectly!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Jaline wrote: "Exciting review, Jennifer - my own heart rate took off just reading your review! (I might need to do yoga while reading this book - haha)"

Thanks, Jaline, and you are adorable! I love that. I should try to read and do yoga! Lol

Norma * Traveling Sister Wonderful review, Jennifer! I’ve been eyeing this one.

Carol Intriguing review Jennifer! Added.

Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister Man, what is in that water??!! I’ll have to add this now, lol. Wonderful review, Jen! :-)

Kaceey Terrific review Jennifer! Glad you enjoyed!🤗💖

message 13: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra Fab review Jennifer! :)

Kendall Wonderful review! Glad you enjoyed this one 😊❤️

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Terrific review Jennifer! = ))

message 16: by Bookworm (new) - added it

Bookworm Great review Jennifer. Sounds like one of those thrillers that ends with a bang. I love those. Will have to add this one. 😃

message 17: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Awesome review, Jennifer!! :)

message 18: by Vanessa (new) - added it

Vanessa Always enjoy your reviews Jennifer and this one was no exception!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Norma * Traveling Sister wrote: "Wonderful review, Jennifer! I’ve been eyeing this one."

Thanks, Norma! I think you might like it!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Carol wrote: "Intriguing review Jennifer! Added."

Thanks, Carol! I hope you love it too!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister wrote: "Man, what is in that water??!! I’ll have to add this now, lol. Wonderful review, Jen! :-)"

😂 It’s pretty shocking, Kris! Thanks so much! ♥️

message 22: by Sumit (new) - added it

Sumit RK Nice Review, Jennifer! Reading all nice things about this book :)

Brandice Great review, Jennifer! This book sounds good!

message 24: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Terrific review, Jennifer! :)

message 25: by Meredith (new) - added it

Meredith Wonderful review, Jennifer!!

Marialyce Reading this one now and so far I am liking it. Great review, Jennifer!

message 27: by Taryn (last edited May 30, 2018 05:46AM) (new) - added it

Taryn Such an intriguing review! I really want to know what they found in the water! lol This sounds thrilling and I LOVE a great secondary story!

message 28: by KAS (new)

KAS Fabulous review, Jennifer! Glad this was an intriguing read for you ;-) xoxo

Babydimps (Suzy) Yep, I’m looking forward to this one! Great review Jennifer! 😊

message 30: by Carol (new)

Carol You captured the pacing of this so well Jennifer. You have intrigued me with your description. Though I haven't added it yet, I know where to find it. Love the Dun, dun, dun.

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Kaceey - Traveling Sister wrote: "Terrific review Jennifer! Glad you enjoyed!🤗💖"

Thanks, Kaceey! 💗

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Sandra wrote: "Fab review Jennifer! :)"

Thank you so much, Sandra! ♥️

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Kendall wrote: "Wonderful review! Glad you enjoyed this one 😊❤️"

Thanks, Kendall! I know I enjoyed it more than you, but I loved your review too!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Terrific review Jennifer! = ))"

Thank you, Sue! 💕

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Bookworm wrote: "Great review Jennifer. Sounds like one of those thrillers that ends with a bang. I love those. Will have to add this one. 😃"

Thanks, Bookworm! It starts and ends with a bang! 😊 I hope you enjoy it if you are able to read it!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Deanna wrote: "Awesome review, Jennifer!! :)"

Thanks, Deanna! ❤️

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Vanessa wrote: "Always enjoy your reviews Jennifer and this one was no exception!"

Vanessa, that is so sweet! I look forward to your reviews in my feed too. You give the best suggestions for books not always on my radar, especially AU titles!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader SumitRK wrote: "Nice Review, Jennifer! Reading all nice things about this book :)"

Thank you, Sumit! Yes, some great reviews rolling in!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Brandice wrote: "Great review, Jennifer! This book sounds good!"

Thanks, Brandice!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Michelle wrote: "Terrific review, Jennifer! :)"

Thank you, Michelle!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Meredith wrote: "Wonderful review, Jennifer!!"

Thanks, Meredith!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Marialyce wrote: "Reading this one now and so far I am liking it. Great review, Jennifer!"

Thanks, Marialyce! Yay! I look forward to your thoughts!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Taryn wrote: "Such an intriguing review! I really want to know what they found in the water! lol This sounds thrilling and I LOVE a great secondary story!"

Thanks, Taryn! This book has some great cliffhangers! It was different and enjoyable! I love a good secondary story, too. It can add so much interest!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader KAS wrote: "Fabulous review, Jennifer! Glad this was an intriguing read for you ;-) xoxo"

Thanks so much, KAS! Xo 😘

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Babydimps wrote: "Yep, I’m looking forward to this one! Great review Jennifer! 😊"

Thanks, Babydimps! I’m so excited to know what you think of it!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Carol wrote: "You captured the pacing of this so well Jennifer. You have intrigued me with your description. Though I haven't added it yet, I know where to find it. Love the Dun, dun, dun."

Thanks so much, Carol! I had fun writing this review, and I am glad that came across.

message 47: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Joint Can't wait to get to this one! Great review, Jennifer!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader I’m excited to read your thoughts, Sarah!

message 49: by Ana O (new)

Ana O Great review, sounds thrilling.

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Thank you, Ana!

« previous 1