Danielle (Bookwhoreblog) Perez's Reviews > Wicked Cool

Wicked Cool by Diane Farr

Nov 07, 2011

Read from November 07 to 15, 2011

This is a story about a girl named Zara who possesses some extraordinary gifts that land her in a heap of trouble. In the midst of all Zara has going on, she also has the dread of what her upcoming sweet sixteenth birthday is going to bring her. Lucky for Zara sixteen happens to bring an incredibly hot boy who also possesses her same gifts; unlucky for Zara he harbors something dark inside him that screams for her to run from him. I spent the first half of this novel thinking it was very cute. I spent the second half of the novel with my interest peaked learning what Zara is and where she really came from. This is a great novel for YA readers. Wicked Cool has a hidden message about becoming a teenager and going through life changes, but mask this message behind a fantastic story. I also thought this book sent a good message about friendship. Zara has a best friend named Megan and while the two hit some bumps, they come out together and stay strong. If I had to have any dislikes in the story it would only be that in the beginning of the story I was slightly disappointed in Zara wanting her to be a stronger character. I reminded myself she is growing into her skin, and by the end of the book Zara became a well developed character and was a much stronger person. The ending of this novel threw me for a loop. I had expected something different to happen in the story not fully trusting the instinct of the main character. When Zara's intuitions were right I could not believe it. I look forward to reading more books from this author; she has a writing style I really enjoy. I like my books easy to read with an intense unique storyline and Diane Farr delivered for me.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Cool.