D.M.'s Reviews > Tarnished

Tarnished by Kate Jarvik Birch

Tarnished is the second book in the Perfected series. It's a continuous story and cannot be read as a standalone.

Ella has escaped to Canada and no longer someone's Pet. She lives in a camp with other ex-pet girls. The life isn't glamorous but her life is her own. It leaves her wanting to get back to Penn. She plans to escape but then she sees him on the television. Everything is wrong. The words he speaks, his tone and the way he is acting. Ella wants to save him but it won't be that easy. She escapes her refuge and bumps into an old friend.

Missy is world-wise and wants to protect Ella. She doesn't give Ella the full picture to this dystopian world. As this story unravels Ella gains the determination she needs. This isn't just about her this is about all the Pets.

This is the journey middle book. I enjoyed the storyline and the world gets crazier. I'm enjoying this series.

4.5 stars out of 5. Darker than the first and it can only get worse. I received an arc in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tarnished.

March 13, 2018 – Shelved