Michelle's Reviews > Conducting the King

Conducting the King by Julie Guardado

A friend gave me this book to read after the author started following him on Instagram and she sent him some copies (I know - it's really cool ;)). Anyway, Tennessee is one of my favorite places in the world, and obviously I've been to Graceland, so I immediately started reading The main character Audrey is a strong young woman and anyone who knows me knows these are my favorite characters. She escapes her father's ridiculousness and builds her own life on her own terms. I also love Caleb, the elderly man Audrey meets on her journey. The way the author develops Audrey made me immediately want her to succeed and do something amazing. Audrey learns so much during her journey. It's kind of like a physical and mental journey. The best part is that I felt like I was learning right along with Audrey, Caleb, and the rest of their crew. Favorite line of the book -
"You are good at fixing broken things. You mended me that day."
"No, I listened. You talked your way through it yourself."
Conducting the King is a sweet little read that everyone will love. Treat yourself :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Conducting the King.

January, 2018 – Started Reading