Zeek's Reviews > The Road to Cana

The Road to Cana by Anne Rice

Wow. Not only has she done her historical research, she’s done her Biblical research! (She put in a reference to the Sons of Zadok for crying out loud, most people have no clue who they are! AND she used them accurately!)

Cynical beast that I am, I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I had hope. She didn’t disappoint. I can’t help but wonder what some of her old Le Stat fans will think, because this is a purely Christian novel.

She writes the story in first person from Jesus’s point of view. It’s taken from the year he was 7 yrs old till he was 8. The book isn’t very long really and I felt she got repetitive quite a bit, but nevertheless, I think it’s worth reading. (I know she's writing more of this story so I feel she could have condensed this part and added it to the next story.)

I’m thinking she’ll end up writing the life of Christ more accurately then even she imagined. (Of course up until he turns thirty years old it’s pure speculation in my eyes, but still she’s kept it consistent with what is written about him later.) I always said I’d love to see Stephen King do this, which of course he did with The Green Mile, but hey she’s a pretty good writer too!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Road to Cana.

Started Reading
February 2, 2006 – Finished Reading
November 7, 2011 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Greg Zeek, you wonder about the thoughts of "her old Le Stat fans" concerning this "purely Christian novel." I've been reading Anne Rice since she first published "Interview With a Vampire" in 1976. I think Rice has written at least two enduring literary masterpieces: "Interview" and "The Tale of the Body Thief." Rice continues to amaze me, she's one of the greatest writers ever.