Sue "DavinciKittie" Brown-Moore's Reviews > A Gentleman Revealed

A Gentleman Revealed by Cooper Davis

it was ok
bookshelves: dnf

Aaah, I SO wanted to love this one! When I saw a gay romance set in Regency England (where it wasn't taboo and the story world was an alternate version of ours), I got really excited, and I dove right in as soon as I had the ARC in hand. But then... oh, sadly then...

I just couldn't get through it. Not even the first chapter. The dialogue was stilted and the characters were unlikeable from the very first page. The idea has a lot of merit, but the writing style and dialogue just put me off. I think this story could have really shined if the nuances of the characters were more carefully shaped (meaning a good deal more line editing to address the unlikable, pushy impression one of the characters makes) and their on-page spark made more apparent. I didn't really feel much chemistry from them at all.

It's a real shame, because I loved the idea of men being able to be free with their romance in public in Regency England. DNF.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Gentleman Revealed.