Sue "DavinciKittie" Brown-Moore's Reviews > The Bastard's Bargain

The Bastard's Bargain by Katee Robert

bookshelves: mafia-romance, infatuatedpodcast

Well, leave it to me to start a series on the final, explosive installment. As a first time reader in this series, let me just say...whew, holy alpha males! Not just Dmitri—who is a force to be feared, avoided, and courted all at once—but the O'Malley boys too, especially Aiden.

I usually don't go for mafia stories. The torture and mutilation often meted out as punishment or warning makes me queasy. I'm more of a happy-go-lucky HEA girl. But I do love a strong male lead, and I gravitate to stories where the female lead grows in maturity and power over the course of the story. The Bastard's Bargain has both of those to spare.

I wish I'd first met Dmitri through the bad guy lens, in the previous stories where he was the monster. He's still a monster, but he's...addicting. He has deeply buried layers of vulnerability that make me want to see him stripped down and exposed, while I also want to just worship at the altar of all that luscious, power-enabling self-confidence and assurance.

And Keira is the queen who just needed a lifeline, someone to recognize and cultivate just how loyal, willing, creative, and even vicious she can be. She's got pluck and courage, that's for damn sure. And I loved watching her taunt and challenge this antihero who has become larger than life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bastard's Bargain.