Colleen M. Chesebro's Reviews > Quill and Ink...Inspirational, Motivational and Creative Writings.

Quill and Ink...Inspirational, Motivational and Creative Writ... by Deborah Bowman

bookshelves: religion-spirituality, poetry, writing-skills, writing, motivational

I received this book as a gift and enjoyed it so much I had to share it. The author begins with an introduction comparing the book to the mystery of the standing stones of Stonehenge whose secrets have never been revealed.

Yet, I found the exact opposite. This author reveals some of her deepest feelings and thoughts, written in songs, verse, stories, and visualizations. The following stanza touched me - obviously, it was something I needed to hear.

"The quill and the ink, The rose and the thorn, teaches us patience and reticence."

The second section of the book is dedicated to the reader who is also a writer. The author, who is also an editor, shares editing tips, proofreading advice, and examples of how a piece should be written.

The prose contained in this small book is cleverly written for the writer who will understand the courage it takes to write a book and bring it to fruition.

An excerpt from her novel, Annie's Story: Blessed With a Gift, is also included with a Foreward section dedicated to her paranormal experience with age regression to help her cope with extreme claustrophobia. Annie's Story is the result of that experience. I've read that book and you can read the review here.

Quill & Ink is the perfect gift for the writer in your life. I loved the opportunity of getting to know more about this author. I think you will, too. <3

MY RATING:

Character Believability: 5
Flow and Pace: 5
Reader Engagement: 5
Reader Enrichment: 5
Reader Enjoyment: 5
Overall Rate: 5 out of 5 Stars
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quill and Ink...Inspirational, Motivational and Creative Writings..

February 20, 2018 – Started Reading