Sirpa Grierson's Reviews > The pH Miracle: Balance Your Diet, Reclaim Your Health

The pH Miracle by Robert O. Young

May 29, 2008

liked it
bookshelves: well-being, information-text
Read in June, 2008

My favorite ideas from this book include the zippy breakfast--I love it!--and Bragg liquid aminos (way better than soya sauce for you). The recipes are easy to make and good for you. I also have been drinking my greens in the morning and feel great all day--energized (usually 1 cup spinach leaves, 1 cup cucumber, 1 tsp ginger powder, a whole peeled lemon, and an apple blended in the Vitamix--totally yummy).

While I think that PH balance is important and agree with many of the key concepts in this book (we really become what we eat), I think that " all things in moderation" is the key as we each work to discover what our own bodies feel like after eating. I have seen too many fad diets come and go--eat salt, no salt, use eggs, don't use eggs . . . Honestly, if your food choices are as close as possible to fresh, you concentrate on what is in season, and you limit meats and the processed stuff, you will feel refreshed and comfortable after eating. If you have your optimal weight and feel great, you probably have chosen well for your personal body type. I, for instance am a typical Scandinavian Finn, I don't do well with dairy products although I can eat cheese occasionally, I really need to avoid sugar and processed junk, and find most American breads are off limits--I think it is the yeast.

We all need to eat sparingly, read nutrition books thoughtfully, and experiment; after all, we are our own best physicians.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The pH Miracle.

03/19/2016 marked as: read